Great Communicators Tournament
Enter the LibertyCon 2019 GCT now!
Entries are being accepted between now and 11:59 p.m. est. on January 2, 2019.
The liberty movement lacks great communicators – people that penetrate and persuade effectively. For liberty to prevail on a sustained basis, we have to solve this problem or we’ll continue to win the battle of ideas, but lose the policy and political debates that decide electoral outcomes.
Since 2014, Think Freely Media has addressed this challenge by sponsoring the Great Communicators Tournament. An annual event, our goal is to identify, from within the liberty movement or beyond, and promote individuals who can effectively and persuasively discuss and defend the free market and the benefits of individual freedom.
Contestants are asked to make an emotionally compelling moral argument that takes the free market or pro-liberty position on a current public policy issue. As the contestants formulate their arguments, we ask that they:
- take the moral high ground
- be hopeful and aspirational
- address the issue of fairness or inequality
- put the other side on the defense
- communicate the value of freedom and increase the audience’s demand for it
- use storytelling to make their case